"The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you."
- Joel Osteen
As a therapist, I can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management and body image issues. Many people also find that psychotherapy can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. I can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
• Feel more relaxed and engaged with the world
• Be kinder and more accepting of yourself
• Have more satisfying relationships with others
• Develop tools to manage your anxiety
• Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
• Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
• Improving communications and listening skills
• Changing old behaviour patterns and developing new ones
• Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
• Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
It is important to understand that you will get more results from therapy if you actively participate in the process. The ultimate purpose of therapy is to help you bring what you learn in session back into your life. Therefore, beyond the work you do in therapy sessions, I may suggest some things you can do outside of therapy to support your process. People seeking psychotherapy are ready to make positive changes in their lives, are open to new perspectives and take responsibility for their lives.
Fees are payable in full before your session by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card payment is also available.
Yes. Online psychotherapy is the same process as in-person therapy. Instead of talking in the same room, you engage in the therapeutic process using your computer, tablet or phone. Using the internet for psychotherapy is a great use of modern technology and the internet while offering significant benefits of flexibility.
Secured video sessions are conducted using Doxy. I will provide you with instructions prior to your first session. It is a simple one time registration before your first session. You don’t have to download the app. Simple click on the link provided to you.
These are charged at the same rate as above. However, payment is required prior to session commencement.